Appointments can be booked
- In advance pre-bookable anytime [upto 3 months]
- On the day - bookable only on the day
- Emergency - will be seen on the day if you feel your problem cannot wait until the next day
We aim to see our patients at a time that is convenient for them.
This system is designed to be flexible to meet the needs of general practice and may from time to time change, depending upon both the demand and resources available.
Extended access appointments at Urgent Care Centre at evenings and weekends (New FROM 1ST OCTOBER 2018)
Extended Access appointments
We are increasing the number of appointments available for you to see a GP in the early mornings, evenings or at weekends across West Leicestershire.
Depending on your individual circumstances and symptoms, we may offer you an ‘extended access’ appointment. Please note however, that these appointments will not be in your usual GP practice and may not be with one of your usual GPs or nurses.
Depending on the reason for your appointment, and if you are in agreement, it may be suitable for you to see an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, instead of a GP.
The clinician you see will be able to access relevant sections of your medical notes and will communicate what has happened during your appointment back to your usual GP practice.
Advice and Guidance for Patients
Extended access appointments – Symptoms most suitable for this service:
- Patients requiring evening appointment due to work commitments ( please see exclusions below)
- Unwell Child with persistent fever, diarrhoea, vomiting or rash
- children with abdominal pain
- Opthalmic conditions such as red eye, conjunctivitis or stye
- Acute onset severe pain not responding to pain killers
- Concern over children (especially babies or infants)
- Insulin dependent diabetics
- Asthma - worsening symptoms
- Minor burns, scalds, accidents
- Heart palpitations (not chest pains)
- Severe NEW headache
- Acute (New Onset) rash
- Anyone who calls for a SECOND time about the same problem
- Chest and throat infections - without breathing difficulties
- Ear discharge or infection
- Infected boils or bites
- Urine Infections (please take a urine sample along to the appointment)
- Thrush or vaginal discharge
- Pregnant women with non-pregnancy related issue
This service is NOT suitable for:
Exclusion Criteria/Patient Cohort
- Long Term Conditions management with NO symptoms of illness
- Blood test results
- Repeat prescriptions with enough for 2/3 days
- Extensions to Medical Certificates
- Insurance/Housing Benefit letters or similar
- Ambulatory Care Pathways
- Patients in urgent/immediate need
- Psychiatric conditions
- Routine scheduled core services such as vaccinations and injections, routine follow up consultations
These appointments will be available at the following locations:
Loughborough Urgent Care Centre at Loughborough Community Hospital
Coalville Community Hospital
Hinckley and Bosworth Community Hospital
If you would like to know more please speak to a member of practice staff.
Due to an increase in the number of wasted appointments through patients failing to attend without informing the surgery it has become necessary to implement the following policy:
If you repeatedly fail to attend appointments you may be removed from this practice list and will have to find an alternative doctor.
If you cannot attend your appointments for any reason please let us know as soon as possible, we can then offer the appointment to someone else. The equivalent of two surgeries a month are wasted by non-attended appointments. We would like to thank you for your co-operation.
All GP appointments are of 10 minutes duration. It is helpful to bear in mind that it is difficult for any GP to attend properly to several problems in one 10 minute appointment.
Our nursing appointments will vary in length due to the nature or complexity of the problem.
You can book GP appointments online through our website. Please contact reception for further details.
Click Here to book/cancel your appointment online