ALPINE HOUSE SURGERY COVID19 UPDATE
- TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID19, WE ARE NOW OPERATING A LOCKED DOOR POLICY. UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN AN APPOINTMENT OR HAVE BEEN INVITED TO ATTEND BY A CLINICIAN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE BUILDING PLEASE CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE 0116 216 9947.
- If you have a face to face appointment at the surgery, please wear a mask or face covering, this is for your continued safety and for the safety of staff and clinicians
- You can continue to contact the practice for all usual routine matters, we are operating as normal a service as we can within the current guidelines. We are available between 8am and 6pm as usual by telephone. You can also contact us on our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drs will continue to triage by telephone and you may be asked to consult by video consultation using your mobile phone or device.
- IF YOU ARE DROPPING A URINE SAMPLE TO US THAT WE HAVE ASKED FOR OR YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT/HAVE BEEN INVITED TO ATTEND BY A CLINICIAN PLEASE USE THE AUTOMATED DOORS AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING AND RING THE DOORBELL WE WILL BE WITH YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN.
- For contraceptive pill repeats we are asking that you come to the foyer at the back of the surgery and pick up a form, please complete this at home and either take a picture and email to alpine.house@nhs,net or post to the surgery address. Please make sure you provide us with your height and weight and BP readings if you have your own or can borrow a machine.
- You can still drop your prescription request off at the surgery, we have now located a box at the rear of the building through the first set of automated doors. You can also use this box to drop of discharge letters or other correspondence that the GP can deal with.
- Please note for sick notes NOT related to Covid19 you can access these in the same way by calling the surgery and we will now post these out to you. For any Covid19 related sick notes you must contact 111 via their website or discuss with your employer, the GP will NOT be providing sick notes related to Covid19.
- Please note the pharmacies will now be allowed to change their working hours and may be shut for up to 2.5 hours during the day, this is to make sure they can keep up with demand and clean down their workspaces. Please support our local pharmacies and DO NOT stock pile or request more medication than you need. Please treat our pharmacy colleagues with respect.
WE THANK ALL OF OUR PATIENTS FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND COOPERATION AT THIS TIME.
NHS STOP THE SPREAD!
Welcome to Alpine House Surgery Online
Our Doctors are Drs Ellison, Cluley, Spencer, Doneva, Luo and Rana
Contact: Tel. No 0116 216 9947 Fax 0116 237 4218
The practice was established in 1984. Since this time, the practice has undergone major extension and refurbishment in order to keep up with the demands of an ever changing primary care. All consulting rooms are on the ground floor and are designed to meet the needs of all our patients, particularly those with disabilities.
We are a partnership of one male doctor and two female doctors and we employ two female salaried doctors, with additional support when needed from a regular locum doctor. You are welcome to see any doctor, but we do encourage you to see the same doctor for the same problem to aid continuity of care.
We have a small car park with limited spaces for Patients. There is on street parking available within the area, but we do ask all patients to park responsibly.
The practice prides itself on providing good quality family medicine, delivered in a well organised and timely manner by well trained and motivated professional staff. Please take time to read our mission statement to the right of this page.
We are keen to see ALL Minor Injuries here at the surgery, hopefully avoiding unnecessary and inappropriate use of our very busy Urgent Care Centres and Emergency Department. We encourage all our patients to make contact with our Reception Team in order for you to seen/assessed.
This surgery website is used to present all our patients with up to date news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
Patient Notice - Blood Test Results
We are working to improve ways of communicating Blood Test Results to patients by sending out text messages when results are normal. Therefore, when you see the nurse to have your blood taken, please confirm your correct mobile telephone number
- You will receive a text message if your results are normal
- Please note that you will probably receive more than one text if you have had more than one blood test which may not be received back at the surgery all at once.
- You should have received all of your results within 2 weeks.
- You will receive a telephone call from the if your result may require further action
- If you have not received any texts or phone calls from us within two weeks, then please telephone the surgery
The average pay for GPs working at Alpine House Surgery in the last financial year was £62,078 before tax and national insurance. This is for 1 full time GP and 5 part time GPs who worked in the Practice for more than 6 months.
(Site updated 11/06/2020)